We know! There are so many choices, but there should be at least one nominee to fit your personal or political adoption trauma.
The nominees are:
- LDS Family Services: for being the most secretive of all adoption agencies, using coercive tactics in obtaining infants for adoption and having no respect for father’s rights;
- Gladney center for adoption: for being one of the most profit-centered agencies around and blocking open record efforts in Texas;
- Christian World Adoption: for their involvement in “harvesting” practices in Ethiopia and their blind ambition to “save” each and every “orphan” in this world;
- Larry S. Jenkins: for his involvement in nearly every case where father’s rights were violated;
- Joint Council on International Children’s Services: for promoting the interest of adoption agencies at the expense of children, and pushing agency friendly legislation in Congress;
- Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute for giving their seal of approval to persons and organizations that promote the interests of the adoption industry and pushing agency friendly legislation in Congress;
- Council on Accreditation: for their lack of research done on inter-country adoption agency histories prior to giving out Hague accreditation;
- American Adoption Congress: For failing to remove state reps who were openly working against open access for adult adoptees;
- American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey: for opposing open records for adoptees and “protecting” closet moms, based on a “stack of anonymous letters” claimed to be from “birthmothers”.
- Christian Alliance for Orphans: for promoting the business interests of adoption agencies through churches.
- Southern Baptist Convention: for passing resolution no. 2 , pushing the business interests of adoption agencies to the members of their church;
- Adoption.com for systematically banning voices that oppose current adoption practices and their continuous pro-adoption propaganda;
- Scott Simon: for his vomit-inducing book “Baby, We Were Meant For Each Other” and his grotesque crying and blubbering about his purchasing of another human being;
- WE tv: for their hideously exploitative series ‘Adoption Diaries,’ turning what is a highly emotive and complex topic into ‘reality’ show fodder.
Bastardette voted several weeks ago, but we admit we have not frontrunner. Anyone who wins is worthy of the honor.
Go to the ballot here.