I’m working on a paid typing job for the next couple days and have limited time to devote to writing tonight. But NaBloPoMo calls. So here, for your delight is God’s Heart: Adoption, a video flogging orphan adoption (Tomorrow is World Orphans Day 2010, an evangelical marketing tool placed right in the middle of NAAM to move “orphan” product. I’ve decided not to write about Orphans Day, but I’m sure someone will).
- Adoption existed before the the Big Boom! That is, before the universe was created.
- Adoption existed before the sun, the moon , the stars, and the seas. Though nobody says it, you are eternal, unlike your not adopted friends and neighbors. One could extrapolate that vampires are adopted, too, I suppose.
- Apparently not a clever planner, God created adoption to send us the 10 Commandments. No mention of how Moses dumped his Forever Family, including his devoted adoptive brother and ran back to his birth family. Not satisfied with just getting his family back, he started a war against the stunned and saddened Forevers. After all we did for Moses…If he tried to pull that today, Dave Kirschner would psychoanalyze him, he’d have TV movie , and be shipped off to Gitmo.
- God created adoption so Esther (above left) could save the Jews. Without Esther there would be no Purim and nothing for my Jewish friends to do in the middle of winter but ski.
- Most importantly adoption saved the Messianic line; therefore, saving Jesus from being murdered. Uh….wait a minute!
Reminder: Please use #NAdoptAM when you tweet your blog about NAAM. It will be a great research tool for later.