Select the most deserving Demon of Adoption for 2013.
I know it’s a difficult task Competition sponsor Pound Pup Legacy, has gathered an array of stunning nominees this year: Nightline Adoption (Capobianco agency), Gladney Center, Adam Pertman, (Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute), Both Ends Burning (“christian” child grabbers), Children and Families First, and a satanic host of other duplicitous bottom feeders. And to think that Beelzebub didn’t even purchase their the dark souls! Our nominees simply turned them over to him. Here are the nominees with links to their webpages (thanks to Pound Pup)
- Raymond W Godwin and Nightlight Christian Adoption: for their role in the baby Veronica case;
- Supreme Court of the United States: for their decision in Adoptive Couple v. Baby girl;
- Lifeline Children’s Services: for assisting evangelical adopters to complete international adoptions when other somewhat sane agencies object;
- Frances Fitzgerald (Irish Minister for Children and Youth Affairs): for attempts to promote inter-country adoption outside the Hague Convention;
- Adoption Advocates International (AAI): for their involvement in the adoption of Hana Grace-Rose Williams;
- Gladney Center for Adoption: for the placement with the Shatto family that led to the death of Russian born adoptee Max Shatto (Maxim Kuzmin);
- Both Ends Burning Campaign: for producing the documentary Stuck and the promotional bus tour associated with this movie;
- Christian Homes And Special Kids (CHASK): for their role in assisting parents to “re-home” their unwanted adopted children;
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois: for employing social worker Elizabeth Thomas-Colwell who was formerly a licensed social worker (LCSW) in the state of Illinois. There is reason to believe that she was involved in poor practices and potentially illegal adoptions;
- Children in Families First (CHIFF): for its slick marketing campaign supporting and driving legislation (Children In Families First Act of 2013) to turn back the clock on inter-country adoptions by providing authority to USCIS and the Department of Homeland Security to bypass the Hague Convention Regulations, current US Immigration laws, and International Standards on Child Welfare;
- Adam Pertman: for claiming to be a critic of the adoption system, while at the same time promoting the interest of the adoption industry;
- Mardie Caldwell: for maintaining baby farms, which are categorized by race;
- Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute: for giving their seal of approval to persons and organizations that promote the interests of the adoption industry and pushing agency friendly legislation in Congress.
As always I’m torn. So many obscene child harvesters, but only one winner. I may put off my vote for a few days while I think about it.